Thursday 6 March 2014

First Entry

Well, this shall be my first entry.  God knows if I'll be writing again.

Last week, I ordered some urinary catheter leg bags for one of my patients.  My patient had none left and was using the same one for a few days now.  So the next day, the day I was suppose to receive the aforesaid bags, I get a note saying they're back ordered.  There's that magic word in the life of a pharmacist ''Back Ordered''...  Anywho, I call the company and ask when I can get the bags since my patient is starting to get tired of the stench of the old bag on his leg.  The company answers, and I quote, ''Let me check our inventory.  Hmmm...  That's odd.  We actually have 30 bags in stock.  Let me put you on hold while I try to figure out what happened.''  So I wait a while and think about my patient and how I'm gonna have to tell him to start taking Gravol soon if he starts to get too nauseated by the reek.  Then click,  ''It looks like we couldn't send you the item because you're in Quebec and the labels on the products we have in stock are not bilingual, but just in english.''  So I think, What the hell???

Now don't get me wrong.  I'm french and I do think we should help protect our language but come on.   Quebec's stupid laws shouldn't compromise patient care!!!  There's something seriously wrong with protecting a language instead of the health of the person actually speaking the language.  And like my patient told me when I told him why I couldn't get the bags right away,  ''I don't care about the language on the f******* box, my leg can't read anyway.''

So two days later I got the product after telling the company to send it anyway and that I would personally deal with Pauline Marois if she decided to file a complaint against me.  And by dealing with, I mean a swift kick in the....

No comments:

Post a Comment