Wednesday 16 July 2014

A tangled web

Wow, what a weird situation...

Well, remember the story about my pharmacist who was saying bad stuff behind my back (to put it lightly)?  The story is finally coming to an end.

I never got to confront her, and I think I never will in order to keep good working relations with the other pharmacy in which she will be going.

So on a quiet sunday evening, a friend pharmacist of mine sends me a message on Facebook.  She writes,  ''Do you want to talk?''.  That's it.  Well, knowing full well that my pharmacist was aiming for my friends pharmacy, and that same thursday, my pharmacist had asked for the day off for personal reasons, I answer  ''Sure, what do you want to talk about?'', deducing that thursday must have been THE DAY.

So I phone her up and she tells me that my pharmacist is now part owner where she works.  That leaves only her as a staff pharmacist with five pharmacist owners.  Not a situation that she likes at all, no prospects.  Therefore, since I'd be losing a pharmacist she asks me if I would hire her.  Of course I said yes, pharmacists do not grow on trees you know!!!

Well, on monday morning my pharmacist comes in and I immediately congratulate her.  See, cause I'm nice and she doesn't know that I know all the crap she's been saying about me.  So she tells me that she still wants to stay as a staff pharmacist until november because they have to many pharmacists and in november the only staff pharmacist they have left is leaving on maternity.  (yeah forgot to mention that because I actually like that situation as I have to save a bit of money for renovations and stuff, and I don't mind doing a wee bit more hours)  So I say ok fine.

Anywho, I then call back my friend and tell her that since it's summertime and to cover all the vacations and stuff it would be better to just give her 2 weeks notice on monday the 21st of july.  (The day I get back from Mexico with the family)  I didn't want any funny business while I'm away.  So I'm expecting a resignation from my pharmacist when I get back from vacation even though she's not expecting it.

All I can say to that is ''Goodbye and Good riddance!!''

Everything worked itself out without me doing much about it.  You really have to enjoy these moments as they are so very few and far apart.  Staff problems in a pharmacy usually require too much time and too much work...

Have a great summer everybody, I know I am!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment